Sunday, March 4, 2012

A New Start....

So, a little over a year ago, I completed P90X for the first time. I tried to start it again the first of 2011, but got busy after about a month and had to stop. I tried again in June, and lasted a month, then bought a house and moved and spent a lot of time working on the house....and stopped working out. Needless to say (especially considering how I've been eating since Thanksgiving) I am now pretty much back to square one. This post (which I will update tomorrow to compare the other numbers) is going to look at where I was when I originally started, when I finished, and where I am now.

Fit Test Comparison
          Exercise                    Aug. 2010            Dec. 2010        March 2012
1. Pull-ups                                 1/4                  2 1/2                        1 1/2
2. Vertical Leap                        22 1/2"            25 1/2"                     18 3/4"
3. Push Ups                              12 1/2             24 1/2                       25
4. Toe Touch                              0"                   +4"                           +2.5"
5. Wall Squat                             1:17                2:30                        1:08.5
6. Bicep Curls                          25 reps             52 reps                  13 reps
       Weight                              3 Bands            3 Bands                  30 Lbs.
7. In & Outs                        8                      41                          30
8. Hear Rate Maximizer
                               0 Min.         160                 154                         160
                               1 min.          148                 114                         120
                               2 min.          120                 102                         104
                               3 min.          ???                   90                          104
                               4 min.          100                  85                          100

Needless to say I was a little shocked that some of these numbers were lower than the originals (vertical leap in particular), but it might have had something to do with the fact that I did this at the end of a Saturday after spending about 6-7 hours outside working on Eagle Project, Grounding Rods, and Yard Work. I was very excited to see that I was essentially able to do just as many push-ups as I could when I finished.

No comments: